When you’re developing as a trader or an investor, everything is an opportunity to learn - even movie night. So, while you’re getting the popcorn ready, why not pick one of our 8 best movies about finance for your evening’s entertainment? Great inspiration, and you might even learn a thing or two as well.
1. The Big Short (88% on Rotten Tomatoes). This 2015 Oscar winning movie covers the real stories of industry insiders who predicted the financial crisis of 2007–2008 and tried to profit from it.
2. Pi (87% on Rotten Tomatoes). A psychological thriller - and director Darren Aronofsky’s break out film - this cult classic follows the story of genius number theorist Max Cohen and his quest to invent a universal numerical code to reflect changes in all stock rates.
3. Trader Games (85% on My-Hit). A hot young trader makes a killing on Wall Street with the help of a unique trading system he has developed. But what did it cost him to earn all this money, and will it catch up with him?
4. Wall Street (78% on Rotten Tomatoes). A hollywood classic that follows the story of young stockbroker Bud Fox, and his dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street.
5. Too Big To Fail (76% on Rotten Tomatoes). Based on the bestselling book of the same name, this film follows the stories of top level US decision makers as they tried to contain the impact of the 2008 financial meltdown on the global economy.
6. Boiler Room (67% on Rotten Tomatoes). The story of a young owner of an unlicensed casino who starts working in a brokerage company looking to make big money.
7. The Bank (61% on Rotten Tomatoes). A mathematician who creates a formula for predicting stock market fluctuations faces a tough choice: to join forces with a greedy banker or go it alone.
8. Money Monster (57% on Rotten Tomatoes). When grief-stricken investor Kyle loses all his funds in a failed investment after following advice from the host of popular TV show “Money Monster”, he sets out to find who is to blame.
These great trading movies will definitely entertain, plus they’ll give you inspiration and food for thought when it comes to trading and finance. And once you’re inspired, SociumTrade is the ideal platform to learn and develop you trading skills on.